Thursday, December 1, 2011

Today Was Full...

Of highs and lows.

We started our day early by going to the doctor's office for shots.  Me and the boys all had to have shots.  I got my iron shot and the boys got their flu shots.  My boys were fantastic for the shots!  So proud of both of them.  My little one, up until the doctor gave him his shot, was so busy I actually had to gently restrain him at one point.  He was pulling that little exam room apart from ceiling to floor!  I'm sure both the doctor and his receptionist were happy to see the back of us!  That was a high and a low.

Then we came home.  I kept the oldest home from school today to make sure he didn't have any reactions to the  shot.  Which meant that both boys were home and the chaos ensued.  That was a low.  I couldn't wait until my husband got home from work!  By the time he got home I was exhausted and ready to go to bed.  But I'm not in bed and trying to relax now.

One of my highs today was getting to speak to our new adoption worker.  I've met her briefly a couple of times but today I got to rid myself of the confusion of who our worker is and who does what.
Our new worker is a lovely lady.  She's full of passion for her new position and can't wait to be fully certified to complete matches and bring children in care home to their forever families!  She is going to be a person that we'll be happy to include in our family.

Another high for me today is that I'm going to be included in the next session of Caring for First Nations course.  This is a course I learned about last spring and just missed getting registered for the Fall session.  So come January I will be able to participate and learn more about our First Nations culture and have a better understanding of their history and how to teach my family and other families how to integrate with our local First Nations community.  I'm extremely excited about this.

So there you have my day.  It was high and low and I'm happy to have experienced both.  When we have lows we learn to appreciate the highs that much more.

Have a great night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment