Saturday, December 10, 2011

I'm Sitting Here....

Contemplating doing something I've never ever done before in my life.

Making butter tarts!  I don't bake.  Well that's not quite accurate, I can't bake.  I ruin Mr. Christie's cookies simply by removing them from their packaging!  But today I was inspired by the most beautiful woman I know.  The woman who taught me not to fear trying something new.  The woman who raised me to be a strong, independent woman.  That's right, my Mum.

My mum and her husband came for coffee today (thank you for bringing the Timmy's) and brought me and my family a tin full of shortbread cookies, butter tarts, and 2 mince meat tarts.  After they left I texted my hubby at work and gave him a shopping list.  These are things I would like picked up on his way home from work.  Midway through my list I got a text from him saying, "Keep it coming baby."  I did.  He knew instantly that I wanted to make butter tarts but I confused him by asking for dates.  Dates in a butter tart you may ask? No!  I found an easy recipe for date squares.  One of my husbands favorite sweets.  I thought I would try to make them for him.  But he couldn't find any dates in our grocery store.  So no date squares tonight.

I'll let you know tomorrow how my tarts turned out.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day as well.  My husbands parents are coming to visit.  We haven't seen them in 2 years almost to the day.  It's been a stressful couple of years with them but I'm hoping tomorrow will mark the beginning of a new and loving era for us all.  I want my children to know their grandparents, so we shall see.

You may be asking if my Christmas tree is still standing and if it's still in its entirety.  YES!  The 3 year old only went near it a couple of times and didn't do much.  His biggest interest with it at the moment is the lights.  He wants them on and then he wants them off.  He likes to play with the plug.  He's learning (I hope) that the plug is dangerous and that once it's in it stays in.  But at least for today the tree is still standing, the lights are still working, and my 3 year old baby boy went to bed without any injuries.  Here's praying that tomorrow goes better or at least the same way.

Have a great night and God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment