Friday, December 16, 2011

This Morning Was...

EXCITING!!!!

For the first time in his young life my 8 year old strapped on a pair of ice skates and took off!  Well... OK he didn't take off but he held his Aunty L's hand and stepped onto the ice.  It was also the first time I witnessed him try something new without fighting for an hour first.

It had a lot to do with his Aunty being a hockey player.  He wasn't sure he even wanted to go skating with his class, but when Aunty L said she would go with him and teach him how to skate, he was completely on board!

I can't skate.  No balance whatsoever, but even I almost put on skates and asked my step-sister to teach me too.  They looked like they were having the best time.  My little man had an ear to ear grin for the full hour they were on the ice.  I got a couple of pictures but they didn't turn out too well.


As for the location they were in, it was simply magical.  Our local skating arena gets decorated every Christmas season and it's called Winter Wonderland.  It's magical.  The lights get turned downed low and it's like your skating outside in a beautiful snow covered forest.  Watching my son in that environment was awe inspiring.  I think we're going to go as a family (Daddy can skate) and see if Mum and the 3 year old can keep up to the new pro in the family.  If not then we're all going to get a lot of giggles out of watching Mummy fall on her bum!

Hope your day was magical too.

Have a great night and God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment