Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ahhhh....

The peace and quiet of an early morning.  The children are still asleep, my husband went into work early (hence he'll be home earlier), the only thing missing (and I'm not missing it) is a nice hot cup of coffee.

Yesterday went quite a bit better than the day before that I blogged about.  Our oldest only tried once to actually hurt his little brother and I think that is in part due to a new coping technique suggested to me by a new friend.  This new friend lives in the same situation as we do and understands our feelings.  I had posted the blog entry to my very much appreciated online support group and got a whole bunch of fantastic and reasonable suggestions.  All of which I'm going to incorporate into this families life and see how they work.  I also got some excellent suggestions from a real world friend that I'll be able to use as well.  Those suggestions I know will work, because they're dependent on mine and the husband's dedication and have  less to do with the children's abilities.

Yesterday, I ran into a friend in a local store and I immediately hugged her and wished her a Merry Christmas.  Poor thing, don't think she knew who I was until I let go and actually looked her in the eye!  We had a good, quick catch up and went our separate ways.  But I sure thanked God for her presence right when He placed her in my path.  I needed a real friend right there and then, and there she was!  Apparently she needed me too.  So it worked out for both of us and seems to have restored both our Christmas spirit a little.

Last night my hubby and I made craft gifts for my family.  For once I can take all the credit for these gifts because it was all my idea.  Hubby only helped a little.  Unless...they don't like them then it's all HIS doing!
Hubby and I also sat and wrapped gifts for the children last night.  We have decided that this Christmas is going to be as it always is...special and wonderful and full of magic.  Next year we really start working hard on teaching the children (not that we haven't been, we'll just employ different tactics) how to love one another without being physically harmful to one another.  Hopefully too we'll have new additions to our family which will take the focus of the boys off one another as well.  In a good way of course.

Have a Great Day and God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment