Friday, December 9, 2011

Tonight Was...

Interesting.  We've had our tree up for about a week.  It's up.  Not decorated...until tonight.
You may be asking why we had it up without decorations for so long.  Well...that's because of the 3 year old.  We have our ceiling decorated like we do every Christmas and it looks lovely.  Festive even.  I put one glass plate with 3 white candles that have snowflake decorations on them on my antique teak table and one of my favorite angel ornaments on top of my dvd tower and that's it.  The three year old likes to destroy things.  My angel which we thought was safe is now in the trash.  He and his brother were chasing each other around the house when we instructed the older brother to sit down and ignore his brother.  He didn't.  The little one for the first time grabbed my dvd tower and shook it until my angel fell off and smashed!  Now normally I don't get all that upset over 'things', but this angel was from my mum and very special to me.  So I got very upset.  Especially with the oldest boy because if he'd just followed directions my angel would still be intact.  Oh well c'est la vie.

So, we've been decorating slowly hoping to get the little one to just slowly accept the changes.  I don't think it's going to work.  He broke one of my hand made glass ornaments tonight while Daddy was decorating the tree.  We get the boys to help decorate and that way they're proud of their accomplishment and leave it alone.
Well that's how it worked with the oldest.  The little one is so very different.  I'm hoping the tree survives tomorrow.  I think it looks beautiful.

So, after decorating we had dinner and for about an hour until the little one went to bed our tree has survived. For that I'm thankful.
Now you know why our tree stood for a week without decoration.

Have a great night and God Bless you.

2 comments:

  1. We always put the tree INSIDE the playpen when ours were younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there's something I hadn't considered! LOL

    ReplyDelete