Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Journey Carries Confusion...

For more families than just mine!

I've been listening to some families talk and confusion about many issues is arising.
For my family it's confusion about who our social worker is.  Who do we turn to when we have questions about why we haven't heard a single peep about our next children?  We essentially have 2 workers but we don't know which one does what.  I've started a conversation with one worker to see if I can unravel the cords of confusion.

I've heard another family is dealing with confusion on why it took so long to get their homestudy finished when they were supposedly fast tracked to start the process of adopting a specific child/ren.  All of a sudden they're approved but for only one low risk child, then when they question it they are no longer approved, then when they bring up misinformation in their homestudy they are approved again but not for the child/ren they were applying for.  Now they're facing all sides of the process to get things straightened out and figured out on where they stand.

I've had many people tell me that they thought that adoption is the easy way to build a family.  To them I say HAH!  It's not.  Believe me when I say that to adopt requires more love, patience, and dedication than you can imagine.  You have to go through a process that makes you examine yourself and those around you with such close scrutiny that you sometimes start to wonder if you're good enough, strong enough, willing to go through the entire process.  Most people can have a child in 10 months.  In adoption you're generally facing a year plus.  Our first adoption process took 2 and half years.  Our second, 1 and a half years.  We're now on our third journey and we're already 13 months since our homestudy was approved but we've been working toward that since August 12th 2009.  Tell me again how easy this process is.

The adoption journey is full of emotions with confusion being one of the greatest, in my eyes.  But it's a journey I wouldn't change for all the money in the world.  Confusion and all!

Have a great night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment