Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Today...

Has been interesting.  During the week it's just me and the little one until 3:05PM.  During that time my little one and I have fun.  I mean laughing out loud, rolling around on the floor, playing with cars and trucks, playing hide and go seek kind of fun!  All with TreeHouse on in the background.  I can't change that channel or all our fun goes out the window and the temper tantrum starts.  Then 3:05PM rolls around and the front door flies open and my oldest comes running in.  That's when my pretty easy going day goes the way of the Dodo bird.

When my oldest comes through the front door my little one goes absolutely wild!  He spends his day playing with his mama, but he misses his big brother so much that when he gets home everything and everyone else cease to exist.  He idolizes that 8 year old boy.  The 8 year old boy is happy to see his little brother but he has things to do and wishes for some quiet time of his own to unwind from his hard day at school.

My oldest spends his day focusing really hard on being well behaved so he doesn't get in trouble at school. This is something that most, if not all, FASD kids do at school.  When he gets home he knows he's safe and just wants a few moments to himself to completely let go and unwind the corkscrew that has wound up in his body from working hard all day.

That's where I come in.  I have to physically restrain my little one to just hugging his big brother and not letting him knock him to the ground and wrestle with him.  My little one looks like a mini wrestler! Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't.  But daily my 8 year old takes our little Roxie (our chihuahua) out for a run and a potty break, and then comes in and makes a bee-line for his upstairs bedroom where he can just be himself...alone.  So far it seems to be working for my oldest.  I wish there was a way to keep him in the livingroom with me and the little one but to do that the little one would have to remain calm.  That's not in his agenda for his day.

Now everyone is in bed and sleeping peacefully and my hubby and I are enjoying our quiet time together.  I'm writing and hubby is watching one of his favorite shows.  And NO it's NOT on TREEHOUSE!!!!

Have a great night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment