Monday, November 29, 2010

Adoption Poems...

I'll share with you some adoption poems that I found on the net.  These say what I feel so much more eloquently than I can.

1.  Miracle



You first came to us in an envelope


With letters, forms and such


Just two tiny little pictures


With nothing warm to touch.


You grew in our imagination


In our hearts and in our minds.


You brought us greater joy


Than we ever thought we’d find.


A phone call started labor pains


Which lasted ’til we met


Strangers brought together


A day we won’t forget.



You bloomed as you were planned


In our hearts, our lives, our home.


Our child of chance, of plan, of will


You’re now our very own.....

--
- unknown

2.  To You, Our Adopted Son



Adoption is part of God's original plan,

It's not an idea particular to man.

We're all adopted children.

Adoption is God's way of leaving

His heavenly door open.


He first gave us life,

He's parent to all.

Before He made you,

He gave us a call.


He said, "Soon a child will be born,

Without you this child will grow up forlorn."

We didn't understand at first the magnificent love

in our hearts that burst.


As days merged with years,

We shared your happiness and dried your tears.

He gave us wisdom and taught us to see,

that His most precious gifts are free.


We've shared so many rainbows and rains,

And even though our blood doesn't run in your veins,

we want you to know that from the moment

we answered His decree,


You captured our hearts for all eternity.

Our love for you can only be measured

by the expanse of the sky

and the depth of the sea.....


---Unknown


3.  Family Tree


We've added to our family tree,

a stronger one to make...

A child from another plant,

has become our new namesake.


Just as a limb is grafted

from one tree to another...

It alters and improves the plant,

making it uniquely, like no other.


Our family tree has been improved,

adoption made this so...

For love, much more than bloodlines,

makes us thrive and grow.


We chose to share our life and love,

and all the joys to come...

Our "Family Tree" has blossomed,

with the arrival of our son.....

---Unknown



These are 3 of my very favorite adoption poems.  They speak right to the heart of me.  These are the ones I chose for my boys, my sons.  Hopefully one day I'll have the talent to write my own poems for all of my children, known and not yet known.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for the "like" button and then remembered I wasn't on facebook. I do so LIKE this post though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE THESE.. AS I SIT AND CRY INTO MY COFFEE..
    I hope oneday to complete my poem and letters to my children and their birth parents.

    ReplyDelete