Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter and Family....

Yesterday was Easter Sunday.  Our family is Christian and we celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We also celebrate the Easter Bunny.

This year we were blessed to have family with us for our dinner.  My hubby, who is a wonderful, red seal chef, made a phenomenal meal of roast stuffed turkey, honey, maple and pineapple glazed ham, brussel sprouts, carrots, salad, and buns.  Now you're probably thinking, "What? No mashed potatoes?"  Yes there were mashed potatoes but those are my specialty.  They aren't plain but oh so scrumptious that you can make an entire meal out of my mashed potatoes.  But as fantastic as dinner was not a huge amount of it was eaten!  I had made a promise to my future stepfather that I would make him homemade cheesecake.  And...I did!

Now anyone who knows me knows that baking isn't my thing....at all.  Mr. Christie makes good cookies, and I wreck them simply by opening the package.  But this cheesecake I do very well.  I made a homemade pumpkin cheesecake for the very first time in my life, this past Christmas.  It was very good.  I lost the recipe.  But I found a similar one and under the supervision and guidance of my chef husband, I altered this new recipe to be even more decadent than the last one!  It was so totally scrumptious!  Everyone told me how good it was, and by the way it was disappearing I knew they weren't just placating my nerves.

So we had a full table.  But not everyone I wanted was here.  In attendance were, hubby and I and our 2 boys.  My Uncle and Aunt from up North, my Mum and her wonderful fiancee, and for dessert my Uncle's twin brother, my other Uncle.  My cousin had been invited but wasn't feeling well and couldn't come.  I wanted to have my future stepbrother and his beautiful lady, and my future stepsister and her husband, as well as my sister and her husband and two sons, and her boarder, and my brother and his wife and 3 beautiful children.  But I just don't have room.  I did have enough food, but nowhere to put everyone.  My sister and her husband and her boarder are off on a cruise, and my brother and his family don't live in our town.  So even with those who couldn't be here I still didn't have enough room for everyone.  But I'll get everyone here over the summer when I can put up all the tables outside and have the entire new found family together.

With my Mum's coming wedding/marriage, I'm so looking forward to expanding our family.  I'm gaining a stepfather/grandfather(for my kids) who's just so loving and warm, accepting and understanding, I'm gaining two new stepbrothers who are both wonderful and funny.  One of whom has a beautiful lady in his life that I have become fast friends with.  She's like a sister already.  I'm gaining a stepsister who is fun loving, hardworking, and a lady with a huge heart.  So I'm adopting all of these people into my family and I can't wait!

This is going to be a wonderful year.  If Easter was any indication, we're all in for a heck of a ride.  And it's all going to be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment