Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sorrowful Sunday...

Today is a day that I can't wait to end.  Sounds bad right?  It wasn't bad, but hard.  Let me tell you a bit about it.

Today started out like any other Sunday in our home.  Hubby and I got up and had our time together.  Then we got the oldest up to get showered, dressed and have breakfast.  After breakfast he has to sit nicely and stay clean until his Nana picks him up for church.  The little one gets up and has his breaky and gets to spend the day playing with Mama and Daddy.  So nothing wrong and nothing out of whack.

Around 12:30pm today an overwhelming feeling of sadness washed over me.  I don't know if I told you but a friend of mine passed away a week ago.  He and I hadn't been in touch in many, many years but I had kept track of him and knew where he was and how he was, mostly.  I was really looking forward to seeing him this July at our 25th Grad reunion.  I won't get to now and neither will all his classmates.  By the way, this man was the guy in school that everybody loved and he loved everybody.  He was everybody's friend.  He was wonderful.  His celebration of life took place at 1:00pm today.  So it was about 12:30 when the feeling hit me.  Like a blow to the stomach, and I just couldn't shake it.  I knew what it was and I just started praying.  Praying for everyone who knew and loved this man.  I can't imagine how his Mum and Dad must be suffering.  His passing was unexpected and oh so sudden.  He has two sisters as well.  They have families too.  Apparently his 10 year old niece stood up and spoke from her heart.  I couldn't have done something like that.  I couldn't do it at my Dad's service and I was in my 30's.

I didn't make it to the service.  I tried.  No one to watch my kids.  But I'm OK with that, because I believe that we're all where we're meant to be when God wants us to be there.  So for some reason I wasn't supposed to be at that celebration of life.  I accept it, but I don't necessarily like it.

So today's post has nothing to do with adoption, only that once again I'm very much looking forward to Monday as my favorite day of the week.  I'm going to put this day to bed and say a final prayer for my friend who passed and his family and friends, and say good night to Sunday.

Maybe tomorrow will bring news of a match.  I can pray for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment