Monday, December 6, 2010

Mondays...

Mondays.  Most people dread them.  Not me.  I love Mondays.  Why?  Let me tell you.

Monday is the day of the week that my husband always has off from work.  Monday is the beginning of a new week.  A fresh start if you will.
Monday is the day that my oldest gives me his best work effort for school.  Monday is the day that I know when I wake up I'm going to have a good day.

So I love Mondays.  I have a friend who calls it Moan-day.  I love that too.  It's her little dig at having had a great weekend and she's actually looking forward to Monday.  Kind of like an oxy-moron.  I look forward to her face book statuses on Sunday and Monday because it always says Happy Almost Moan-day and Happy Moan-day all!  I see her status and I know that all is right in my world, and no matter what kind of week is ending, it's about time for my fresh start.

So today is Monday and it was a good day!  My family was all together.  My oldest and his dad focused on his schoolwork and got everything that needed to be accomplished, accomplished.  I got to spend 3 solid hours playing with our youngest.  Now he's a ham.
Where my oldest at 7 is just developing a sense of humour, my 2 year old was born laughing.  This little guy thinks everything in his universe is hilarious!  He laughs at everything he sees, hears, touches, and smells.  He runs around laughing.  He sits on the floor with nothing around him, babbles something totally unintelligible and bursts out laughing!  Did you know that there is no greater sound in the world than a child laughing?  There isn't.  Seriously!

After lunch and the little one's supposed nap, we went shopping.  To all the people in Wal Mart between 4:30pm and 5:00pm this evening I apologize.  My little one didn't have his nap and decided he was going to scream non stop at the top of his lungs!  I'm sorry.  I made hubby evacuate him as quickly as possible.  But I'm sure some of your ear drums were damaged irrevocably anyway.

Anyway, we got 3 more people finished for Christmas and I even got some boots fit for snow if we should get some.  Actually I was trying to find some boots that my friend had purchased at Wal Mart but I couldn't find them.  But my oldest son says, "Mum?  Are these ones something you'd like?"  To my amazement he had indeed found some decent boots without suede, without zippers and that had very very good tread on them, and didn't cost a fortune!  And the best part?  They were black and PINK!  Pink is one of my 3 favorite colours, so you know that if we ever get a girl she's going to have to be a girly girl and wear nothing but pink!  Yeah I'll probably be one of THOSE mothers given half the chance. LOL

Anyway, it was right after finding the boots and going to find some peanut free chocolate for our sons advent calendar that the little one decided he'd had enough.  So, we didn't get any chocolate, and me and oldest son went through the checkout while Daddy and little one left the building as quickly as possible.

Even with that little outburst, I had a great Monday.  I love Mondays. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment