Friday, April 20, 2012

Squeaky Wheel...

Well I must say that God works in mysterious ways.  Not too many days ago I was feeling completely lost and in despair about our adoption journey.  Then this week, God has provided a reason to call my adoption worker everyday!  I'm sure she is getting tired of hearing my voice and seeing her inbox flooded with emails from me.

The good thing is is that not every conversation has been about adoption, directly.  One has been about funding for an Autism Conference being held next month in a close neighbouring community, but there is no way I can afford the fees to go without funding help.  Unfortunately, MCFD doesn't do that.  They apparently really don't like to do funding for their own staff to go to these types of conferences for education either.  Oh well.  Talking to my worker on the phone gave us another chance to get to know each other a wee bit better; which was really nice.

Another reason was to find out if she would be upset or offended if I contacted a private adoption agency that is publicly promoting ministry children.  The only reason I even asked was because both of my workers were on holidays and there were 2 beautiful little sisters that were being publicly profiled.  My hubby and I wanted more information.  By the time I was able to decide if I wanted to take the chance that our workers would be miffed at us, they were back and my local worker checked and the little ones had already found their forever family.  YAY for them! So happy when I know that waiting children are getting placed.

Yet another reason was because the bulletin got updated and there were children on it that we are very interested in.  Will we be granted the privilege of adopting these children?  That's up to God.  We're praying for His will at His time.  Even though we wish His timing was much more in sync with ours.  But I think God has a great sense of humour and this is His was of making us practice patience.  We're trying Lord, we're trying.

So another reason was to find out about our home-study update.  It's being reviewed and waiting for our criminal records check to come back.  Nothing's changed with anything so once the check is back everything will be full steam ahead again.  Oh yeah when you're adopting you have to have everything updated every year.

So last night it was funny when my hubby asked what reason I would have to call our worker today.  I said I don't know, but God will give me a reason.  He did.

With all the action this week I feel confident that our children or child is on their way.  Soon.

So if you're a waiting parent and feeling the frustration of the ages, believe me I understand.  Just hang in there.  Your kids are coming.  You want them to be the right kids not just kids because you're desperate.  That's no good for anyone.  Deep breathing exercises have helped me, give that a try.  It also doesn't hurt to be the squeaky wheel.  It usually gets the grease.

Have a great night and God Bless you all!

2 comments:

  1. Is one of the BC agencies promoting specific children from the ministry? I hadn't heard about that and as we are starting our homestudy with the ministry would be interested.

    Thanks,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choices is doing Todays Child. Vancouver Sun, Victoria Times Colonist. 3rd Sunday of the month.

    ReplyDelete