Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Progress...


So the other day I told you about having figured out how to be the squeaky wheel.  Well as it turns out (and as I look back over the week) it was all God.  Each and every day last week He gave me the reason to contact my adoption social worker.  So this week, I’m sitting here and as a wise friend reminded me: Psalm 37:7 “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him.”

I received a message from my worker yesterday informing me that 2 searches for children did not pan out but that she will check on them again in a month or so, IF we’re still looking.

So that makes me hopeful that I can indeed remember to be still and wait patiently and His will will be done.  Now I know that some of you are probably not Christians or faith based of any kind, but my family is and this why I talk about God.  If it bothers you I’m sorry but I won’t change my faith to not upset others.

My hubby and I decided to take this journey wholly based on our faith.  We prayed and prayed and listened quietly for God to lead us in His direction.  If we hadn’t we wouldn’t have the beautiful children we have now.  Now we are on that path again.  We prayed (and still pray) and listened (and still listen) and truly feel that God is guiding us to another or more children who need us and whom we need.  We are so blessed to be able to build our family through adoption.  It is a struggle.  It is an emotional roller coaster.  It is a test of your faith.  It is an amazing reward at the end when you bring your child/ren home.  Don’t believe me?  Go ask a friend of ours who is bringing home their new family member today.  They waited what felt like forever too.  Today is the culmination of all the emotions that they had to go through and process and endure.  Today they get their reward and so does their child.  CONGRATULATIONS!! (I hope they’re reading this.)

So why would I consider 2 refusals progress?  Because it means that we’re at the forefront of our workers minds, and that God is getting ready to grant our hearts desires.  When you’ve gone as long as we have without any movement whatsoever, 2 refusals IS progress!  Progress that we’re happy about!

So if you’re thinking of throwing in the towel because you’ve been waiting forever and nothing is happening, hold on!  Go talk to someone who is where you are, or has been where you are.  Find a support group for pre and post adoptive parents.  Believe me it helps!  If you’re in my neck of the woods, the group I facilitate for the AFA BC meets every 3rd Monday of each month.  Send me a message and I’ll send you the reminders.  You don’t have to wait alone.  We’re out here too.

Have a great day and God Bless you all.

5 comments:

  1. Ditto and amen too (we just booked the first two homestudy appointments for hopeful prayful adoption #3).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, where are you? I'd heard there is a single parent support group through AFABC but have lost the contact information. Thanks, Elizabth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on Vancouver Island. I'llcontact the AFABC for you. Check back here in a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Sarah Reid at the AFA BC:

    The lower mainland group: Single Parent Adopttalk - Fraser Region
    Join other single adoptive parents for info, education and support!
    Dates: Meets monthly
    Location: varies to reach multiple communities.
    Contact: Helen Lamb at 604-733-6529 or email helenML2002@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete