Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday...

Yes it is!  After last night I'm grateful for Good Friday morning.  So far!


In a little while my beautiful boys are going to get up and my day is going to start.  I'm hoping for a day full of sunshine so that I can dress them and ship them out the back door.  


I'll start with Thursday night.  DH and I stepped out onto our back patio for a cup of tea and a breather after dinner.  Our oldest was sent to his room (he'd not had a great day since he got home from school) and the little one was in our clear line of sight watching Handy Manny.  We weren't outside more than 10 minutes and when we came in the sight we beheld was incredible!  Apparently our little one had managed to (now keep in mind I was watching him the whole time except for maybe a second or two) climb on top of our fridge (which is gated in the kitchen, the area the little one can not access) grab a bottle of baby powder, ( you see where this is going don't you?) get back down and grab a jar of very expensive butt cream, and proceed to cover my livingroom floor, walls, furniture, toys and himself!  Now if it hadn't been such an upsetting afternoon with the boys I probably would have laughed, and so would my hubby, but not then.  Angry was the flavour of the moment.  (Which is what facilitated the extremely quick clean up.) The little one, once cleaned up, was put in a time out, and then handed a cloth to help clean up. Not that he was much help.  But we have to learn from our mistakes and hopefully he'll learn something from his.


After I cleaned up the boy, and my oldest started helping daddy get the powder off our hardwood floors (that now have bright white seams in a dark wood floor), and trying desperately to get the water-proof butt cream off the fabric furniture, we all calmed down.  The livingroom is clean and my house smells baby powder fresh.  So I guess there is a silver lining to this (powder) cloud!


Have a great day and God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment