Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day....

Yay!  The one day of the year that society sets aside to appreciate mother's.  Personally I try to appreciate my mother EVERYDAY.  I'm also trying to teach my children that it's right and appropriate to show appreciation to the people in our lives everyday.  So how did my family do on Mother's Day?  FANTASTIC!!!

I was overjoyed!  I had a fantastic day and it had very little to do with the material gifts I received.  My wonderful hubby did take me down to my favorite store at our Quay and my oldest son helped me pick out a very pretty ring and pendant that I will be able to wear at his Nana's wedding this summer.  (I'm the matron of honour and I needed jewelry to go with my dress.)  So it served double purpose. But the best gift I received was having my family sit down to a really fancy, homemade dinner with me.  It was awesome!  My hubby made the best hamburgers and hot dogs around! Especially because none of it was homemade!  It was all prefab, and good.  But it wasn't the food...it was the company.

My beautiful Mum and her fiancee, my new stepbrother and his gorgeous lady, my doting hubby, and my two phenomenal sons!  Having these people with me on this day, all of us appreciating each other, was the best gift ever!

I can't wait until the next family gathering where I can have EVERYBODY here.  I'm thinking it's my hubby's birthday and my nephew's birthday.  Hmmmm time to give my sister a break from throwing all the parties I think.  Better get planning it's less than a month away!

Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day!  I know I did!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day, Kelly! You are blessed and is it any wonder? You're such a blessing to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Coming from a Super Mom like you, that's a huge compliment! Hope your day was just as wonderful!

    ReplyDelete