Sunday, March 20, 2011

Thanking God....

For all of my blessings!  To name just a few I'll start with the earthquake last night.  4.4 magnitude and I never felt a thing.  Thank you God for keeping us safe and not letting it be like the one in Japan.
My friend is sitting in a hospital with her 17 year old son waiting for him to have lung surgery because he's now considered chronic for spontaneous pneumothorax.  He's had 2 inside the last 9 months.  I know how that Mum feels not being able to take away her son's pain.  As mothers that's our greatest wish and our greatest inability.  We can't take our children's pain away even though we'd give anything to be able.

I'm so thankful that my special needs children are comparatively healthy.  I rarely have to experience the helpless feeling of not being able to take away my children's pain.  Thank you God for giving me healthy children.

I'm thankful for my husband who knows me inside and out and understands me in all my moods. Thank you God for giving me a partner in this life who loves you like I do.

I'm thankful for my family.  My mother, my sister, my brother and all of their counterparts.  Each one of them holds a special place in my heart no matter what our relationship is at any given moment.

I'm thankful for my friends.  God has given me a bushel of friends who accept me for who I am and whom I accept for who they are.  Some are travelling a similar path through adoption, some are here in my present from my past, some are here for my future.  No matter what the timing of their arrival in my life (or possibly their departure) I'm thankful for each and every one of them.

Having read my friends blog about her and her son in hospital, I realized that today is my Thanksgiving.  I need to remember to have Thanksgiving everyday.

Today is another special day.  It's my nephew's birthday.  It's the first day of Spring.  What a wonderful day!
Thank you God for this day.

1 comment: