Monday, January 17, 2011

Insomnia...

Hi.  Here I sit at 1:00 am wondering why I'm sitting here at this hour.  I have insomnia...again.  This happens on occasion and I hope it's just tonight.  Usually it's 2 or 3 nights, but I've been known to go on this way for a couple of weeks at a time.  Normally it doesn't bother me too much, but tomorrow (or rather today) is going to be a very busy day.

Today we are meeting with our SW first thing in the morning to go through the bulletin.  We're so anxious to find our next sibling group.  I'm sure this is a big part of why I'm not sleeping.  I have my eye on a group of children whose profile sounds wonderful and their issues don't sound all that frightening.  That could be because they don't appear to have much of a chance of having FASD and that would be somewhat of a relief, or that their ages are perfect to meld in with our family.  I don't know for sure but the very first time I read their profiles I was taken by them.

After our meeting we have a whole day of homeschooling to get through.  Our oldest isn't feeling well and he's had 2 days off.  Not a good combo for a kid who's already fighting getting back into the routine.  But Daddy is teaching today so I'll at least get a break from that struggle.  Then there's the little one.  I'm happy to have the day to play with him, but being that I'm up now I'm hoping that my wonderful husband is going to go to Starbucks after our morning meeting and just get me an IV.  I'm going to need it to keep my energy level up in a range that my 2 and half year old will find acceptable.  He gets rather grumpy when Mama doesn't play exactly how he wants me!  Yes my child is spoiled and I'm OK with that.

Then this evening we have our first support group meeting of the year!  I'm extremely excited about this too!  There are developments I can't wait to hear about and hopefully we'll have one of our own to share.  Again at this point in the day I KNOW my wonderful husband will be heading for Starbucks in order to get me that IV. 

There is so much to look forward to today that it's obviously just keeping me awake. 

See?  This is why I love Mondays.  There's always something exciting happening on the first day of the week.  It's that guaranteed fresh start.
I don't mind the insomnia when there's a good reason for it!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly
    I hope your day went better than you could have imagined. Please keep your long distance friend updated! Exciting times my dear!

    ReplyDelete