Saturday, March 9, 2013

Our Forever Day....

Is here!  March 9th, 2013 we brought our daughter home!

We are so tired and so happy I can't even describe what's going on in my mind. This little one had her going home party today.  We met so many of her lifetime friends and they were all so happy for her.  There were tears everywhere!  Including with me.  The hardest part for me today was watching her beautiful foster mum say her good byes.  Well it's not good bye, it's see you soon.  Her foster parents and my hubby and I have developed a beautiful friendship and we have all agreed that we are one, big, happy family now.  Our girl won't get to see them for a few weeks in order to help her bond and attach to us, but they will be a part of her (and our) life forever.

Today was extremely emotional.  For all of us.  There were 5 or 6 social workers at the party today.  All of whom (except our adoption worker) have known our Princess most, if not all, of her life.  They all love her and are so happy for her having found her forever family.  They all made sure we knew exactly how precious she is and we assured them that we know and won't be taking a single moment with her for granted.  We assured them all that we know and appreciate that she is God's gift to us.

Around 2:00 PM today we had her foster parents take her to our vehicle and wave us off. It was bittersweet.  These wonderful people have raised her for the last 4 years (she's 6 years old) and love her like a daughter.  It was hard for me too to hug my new friend good bye for a while.  But like I said, it's not good bye, it's see you soon.

So for now I'm going to sign off and know that I'll keep you posted as we progress.

For those of you still waiting, hang in there.  It's always, and I do mean always, worth the wait.  The child or children you're waiting for will come at the exact right moment.

Good night, and God bless you all. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kelly and all your family! I am so excited and thankful for you. Be assured of our love and prayers in these full days!

    ReplyDelete